- Input Power: 5V DC 0.3A
- Output Protocol: DMX (3 types of connector)
- Output Connector: DMX 3-pin (DS) Block 3 pins (RB) RJ45 8 pins (RJ)
- Number of channels for live/pc use: 128 (expandable to 512)
- Number of channels for stand alone use: 12 (expandable to 512)
- Programmability: With PC/Windows (MAC in option)
- Indicators (LEDs): 2
- Red: should blink quickly (normal) otherwise the interface has a problem
- Green: blinks quickly in live/pc mode, blinks slowly in stand alone mode (shows the scene number)
- If both LEDs blink at the same time, the interface is in bootloader mode
- Button: 1 (access to next scene in stand alone mode)
- I/O ports: 2 contact inputs (optional) with RJ version
- Stand Alone Memory:
- 504 steps with 12 channels / 122 steps with 60 channels
- 26 steps with 256 channels, 10 steps with 512 channels (these values are for 4 scenes only)
- DMX driver chipset: SP485ECP-L MAX485CPA+ ADM485JNZ
- Temperature: -10 °C + 45 °C
- Hardware Dimensions: 75x20x17mm (DS) 63x26x28mm (RB) 55x26x28mm (RJ)
- Blister Dimensions (complete): 21x9x3,5 cm
- Hardware Weight: 37g (DS) 22g (RB) 21g (RJ)
- Blister Weight (complete): 84g (DS) 69g (RB) 68g (RJ)
- Warranty: 12 months
Custom DMX Programming
Finding the right level of control for your lighting can be a tricky task and often is a case of weighing functionality against price.
Most inexpensive colour change controllers on the market are pre-programmed from the factory with colour-change presets. These are normally fairly basic sequences which either fade or flash between several colours on a loop. If you are not looking for something specific then these can be a good, cost-effective choice.
So what do you do if you need a very specific colour or range of colours for something like a retail display or to match your corporate branding?
This is where DMX control comes in. It can be used for much more advanced and precise control of colour-change lighting but often comes at a cost. Even basic controllers can run to several hundred pounds and then require programming to actually acheive the specific colours and effects you are looking for.
To address this, Lightwave are now offering a new DMX Mini-USB controller and custom DMX programming service to our customers to take the hassle out of getting exactly what you want. We can program this controller with any colours and change sequences you require, even matching CMYK or RAL colours, and supply it ready to install as part of a kit.
For more information please give us a call on 02380 00 33 20.